The software can be used to add an instant messaging service to a community website or a private network.
The software includes:
- Client application for Windows.
- Instant messaging server for FreeBSD, Linux, and Windows (VDS/VPS or dedicated server required).
Tight integration with a website:
- No need for additional registration. Users can login to the messenger
with the same username and password that they use at the website.
- Profile synchronization. The following data is synchronized between website account
and instant messaging account: Name, Gender, Birthday, Country, City, About.
- Display users' online status on the website.
- Add users to contacts from the browser.
- Start private chat with another user from the browser.
- Custom client application: custom title/logo/skin, translatable interface, etc.
- Contact list, public & private chat, ads rotation, file transfers, etc.
- Audio/video in public & private chat.
- Admin system: global admins, room owners, room admins, registered users, guests; room/site-wide kick/mute, etc.
Note 1: you will need to edit Messenger.ini file after installing client application
to connect to the proper test server (for more info, check the documentation).
Note 2: to avoid spam, some settings can't be edited on test servers.